Subject: Re: Multia won't boot with IDE drive plugged in
To: David Woyciesjes <DAW@yalepress3.unipress.yale.edu>
From: Charles Fultz <fultz@cs.purdue.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/11/2001 09:03:28
> 	Hmmm. WHat sizes are the IDE drives you've tried? Can you hook up an
> external SCSI (500MB is fine) drive to temporarily load NetBSD onto? Do
> these llaptop IDE drives work in a laptop? Or something else? I'm this close
> to blaming the drives, unless someone else has an idea...

Yes, the IDE drives work fine in laptops.
The problem started when I upgraded the firmware.  I just don't
understand why that would happen.

Are there any ICs or resistors that I can check to see if they've gone
bad and are the source of the problem for not supplying power to the
IDE header?  I really want this to work.  I just don't know where the
problem is or why it exists.

Thanks,
Charles Fultz
fultz