Subject: Re: Personal Workstation 600au
To: None <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/09/2001 12:31:33
Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it wrote:

>I had an offer of a Personal Workstation 600au without monitor:
>$1695.00 plus shipping.
>it has 128MB RAM
>
>do you think is it a good prize or they are just trying to fool me??
>thanks
>
>Rick

They are probably trying to fool you.  I got my 433a last year for
~$600 plus or minus some.  Mine came with 128MB ram, two 2 GB SCSI
hard drives, an Adaptec 2940UW and a double pci consuming graphics
card.

For $1700 you might be able to pick up an XP1000 -- which is a lot
more fun that the PWS600au.  The latest XP1000 that went on ebay
sold for $2100, which although it is a bit more than 1700, the box
is significantly faster.  XP1000's are a bit harder to find on
ebay, though, I guess that people are satisfied with them.

 == Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/  ==
 == The Unofficial NetBSD Web Pages        http://www.Imrryr.ORG/NetBSD/  ==
 == The NetBSD Project                            http://www.NetBSD.ORG/  ==