Subject: Re: Off topic...
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: schaecsn <schaecsn@gmx.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/08/2001 22:34:00
Hi all

Yoriaki FUJIMORI wrote:

> Hi Anders,
> Do you mean that you bought a motherboard without alpha cpu?
> I guess finding motherboards for alpha is as hard as finding alpha
> cpus in the street or the net.
> I have got a few 21164A/433MHz alpha cpus, and have been looking for
> suitable motherboards to increase clusters here, but so far no good
> luck.
>
> Yoriaki Fujimori

It seems there is a certain interest in alpha spare parts. We have here
an alpha 200 4/100 that suddenly ceased to work. Nothing works if one
presses the power button. maybe just the power supply is broken, may
more. we don't have time to look for it, so we want to throw it away
(well, it's not the fastest, anyway).

if somebody wants to give it a try then go ahead and pick it up for free
in Santa Clara, CA (SF area). Actually, we have removed the memory and
hard drive. if you insist we could add a 1GB harddrive again,
furthermore it has a cdrom drive, a floppy drive, a framebuffer,
motherboard + CPU (of course). it just doesn't start for some unkown
reason. As I have said, maybe just a $1 part is broken, maybe
everything.

(actually, it's 90% sure that we throw it away. this computer belongs to
me and somebody else. I still need his agreement.)

- Stefan
--
   ___  ___       __         |   Name: Stefan Schäckeler
  /  / /  /____  (__)__  ___ | E-mail: schaecsn@gmx.de