Subject: machien check problems.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/02/2001 08:57:36
Hello friends.
I am suffering of machine check problems...
I have an alphastation 255/233MHz 96MB RAM.
I had installed FreeBSD and replaced it with NetBSD and still have machine
check problems.
The last one occured while a make index in pkgsrc.
the vector is ALWAYS 0x670
I guess it might be something like a memory ECC error related.
Anyway I Replaced all the simm modules and still I have the error so the
eventually memory error is not due to the modules itself but to something
else I cannot figure out.
Anyone could help me telling me if there is some way to fix this ??
Sometimes the offending command is make or tar or even the swap process
(process id 0) and the vector always 0x670.

thanks a lot

Rick