Subject: Re: AlphaStation 255
To: Ray Phillips <r.phillips@mailbox.uq.edu.au>
From: None <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/25/2001 17:07:56
I haev a AlphaStation 255/233MHz

NetBSD works very well.
I only had a problem with my Disk.
I installed a IBM DNES 18GB and when I installed the system the default
block size and frag size of 80192 amd 1024 where not fine in my case.
THe system refused to install and I had to manually force block size and
frag size of the filesystem at 32k and 4096 bytes otherwise it won't
install on the disk. The problem is that in this way sometimes the I/O
performance are not so great... I do not know why I have been affected by
this problem I never saw anyone here with this problem.

Rick