Subject: re: 1.5.1 SPL0 fix??
To: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/17/2001 01:21:26
   - I got two and a CDROM.

   	Do you have them on the built-in IDE controler??  I know
   when ever I put multiple disks on a channel, or on both the
   internal channels, I came up with problems..

   - >                 NetBSD 1.5.1_BETA kernel
   -
   - I'm running 1.5T with no problem.

   	Hmm, maybe its time to build a -current kernel, and see
   what happens.. (or at least boot the a recent -current
   snapshot..)

hmm...

a few months ago (probably closer to 6 or 9 than 3) i put a 15G ide
disk in my pc164, which had a 1.3G ide disk already.  it basically
lost big time and was unusable/unstable.  i took that disk out and
put it in my ultra5.  then a few weeks back i tried again, and not
only with that disk but another 9G ide disk, and i haven't yet had
*any* problem with it -- that's with 3 ide disks on the internal
ide controller.  no cdrom.  perhaps recent fixes to -current since
1.5 (and what ever i was running those months ago) have fixed the
problem?  ie, please try a current kernel :)

.mrg.