Subject: Re: 1.5.1 SPL0 fix??
To: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/16/2001 00:40:41
On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 10:49:12PM -0500, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:

> - >                 IDE disk
> -
> - I got two and a CDROM.
>
> 	Do you have them on the built-in IDE controler??  I know
> when ever I put multiple disks on a channel, or on both the
> internal channels, I came up with problems..

The onboard IDE on these machines is a CMD 0646.  The CMD064x series have
a history of various kinds of lossage when both channels are in use
simultaneously, dating back to the original 640 -- I'd heard something or
other about the newer chips lacking the 640's data corruption problems but
having performance Issues but this sounds a bit more severe than I'd expect!

Thor