Subject: Re: PWS 433a Ethernet problem?
To: Tom Haapanen <tomh@metrics.com>
From: Wes Kurdziolek <wkurdzio@cslab.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/14/2001 01:25:56
There are some strange problems w/ tulip NICs and some hubs and/or
switches. I've noticed it on a PWS 500au -- when I connect it to the
network at work, it connects to a Cisco switch, but at home, I have an
off-brand switch. At work, it works great, but at home, I have the same
problems you're describing. Also, it doesn't seem to matter which
operating system I'm running, although I've only tried Linux, NetBSD, and
FreeBSD. Maybe it's not a NetBSD-only problem?

--
Wes Kurdziolek
Virginia Tech Computer Science Lab