Subject: Re: PWS 433a Ethernet problem?
To: Tom Haapanen <tomh@metrics.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/14/2001 17:09:58
On Fri 13 Apr 2001 at 23:10:03 -0400, Tom Haapanen wrote:
>     ifconfig de0 inet 209.x.y.z netmask 0xffffffe0 media 10baseT/UTP
> and there are no apparent error messages, either on the console or on the
> syslog -- put I can't ping anything other than the card's own IP address.
> After 10 or so packets, I'll just start getting "host is down" responses.

I also have a PWS 433a, and I had the same at first when connecting to
my 10 mbit cable modem. After some trial and error, I found that setting
the media to 100baseTX (yes, that is not a typo) works. So in my
/etc/ifconfig.de0 I have:

inet a.b.c.d netmask 0xfffffc00
media 100baseTX

I think putting it all on one line also did not work.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder --Soep van de dag, wat zal dat zijn
\X/ land.nl     --wat kan dat wezen, beter maar het ergste vrezen -Boy Bensdorp