Subject: Re: 1.5.1 SPL0 fix??
To: Matt Thomas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <email@example.com>
Date: 04/13/2001 22:49:12
Matt Thomas writes:
- At 05:31 PM 4/13/2001 -0500, Eric Schnoebelen wrote:
- >Eric Schnoebelen writes:
- >- Can I get a patch for it, to see if it clears up the
- >- disk/networking performance problem I'm seeing on my PC164?
- > Well, having applied the patch, I can say that it
- >doesn't help the network/disk-io problem I've seen and others
- >have reported.
- > Problem summary:
- > With simlutainous disk and network IO, the
- > network IO is about 6kbp/sec.
- > System Description:
- > AlphaPC164/500Mhz
- Mines 533.
- > IDE disk
- I got two and a CDROM.
Do you have them on the built-in IDE controler?? I know
when ever I put multiple disks on a channel, or on both the
internal channels, I came up with problems..
- > NetBSD 1.5.1_BETA kernel
- I'm running 1.5T with no problem.
Hmm, maybe its time to build a -current kernel, and see
what happens.. (or at least boot the a recent -current
Eric Schnoebelen firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.cirr.com
Where subtlety fails us we must simply make do with cream pies.