Subject: Re: Kernel Panic after Compiling and Installation Current Kernel on a LX164
To: None <Merlin.Germany@gmx.net, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/13/2001 19:00:41
>:::
> [ unaligned access fault, possibly in aic7xxx driver ]
>:::
> what can i do to correct this problem ?

Reboot a working kernel. (``>>>boot -file whatever''.)

Find the line in your config file that says ``#makeoptions DEBUG="-g"''
and uncomment it back in.

Go to your compile directory and do either a ``make clean'', or perhaps try
to get away with just ``rm *ahc*.o *aic*.o''. Rebuild and reboot. Presumably
it will bomb, so reboot from your good kernel. Then go to the compile
directory and type:

	gdb -q netbsd.gdb
	list *0xfffffc0000310768

If the trap pc is different in the new crash, naturally you should
substitute the new one for the 0xfffffc0000310768 you got the first time.
Mail what gdb prints back to me.  And if it's possible, please try to avoid
sending me or the port-alpha list html email.

//ross