Subject: Re: 1.5.1 SPL0 fix??
From: Eric Schnoebelen <email@example.com>
Date: 04/13/2001 17:31:31
Eric Schnoebelen writes:
- I'd like to try out the SPL0 fix that was described a few days
- ago, but it hasn't shown up in the anonymous CVS repository
- yet.. Someone mentioned that it was originally done on 1.5.x.
- Can I get a patch for it, to see if it clears up the
- disk/networking performance problem I'm seeing on my PC164?
Well, having applied the patch, I can say that it
doesn't help the network/disk-io problem I've seen and others
With simlutainous disk and network IO, the
network IO is about 6kbp/sec.
Intel Etherexpress Pro/100+ (fxp)
NetBSD 1.5.1_BETA kernel
Are folks with AlphaStation 500 & 600's, AlphaServer 800 &
1000's, Digital Personal Worstations (Miata's) and AlphaPC164*'s
seeing this problem?? (I remember another report of an
AlphaPC164LX having he problem.)
All of these systems have the "cia" iobus..
How do I go about setting the available tunables on the
"cia" bus (there are several documented in the source.. My guess
is adb, er, gdb on the kernel to change the settings..:-)
FYI: my AlphaPC64's do wonderfully on network IO..
Eric Schnoebelen firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.cirr.com
"Any field of study that has 'science' as part of it's name
isn't. For example, computer science."