Subject: Re: Web browsers for DEC Alpha 3000/M300LX?
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: User Nbsdbob NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/27/2001 12:41:07
> > Are there any usable web browsers for a DEC 3000 series alpha?
> > If so, what is recommended?  I see netscape requires the DU4
> > libs, but I would have to do some digging to unroll those, from
> > the machine's original system disks.  Does Mozilla build for the
> > Alpha?  Anything else usable?  My need is for an occasional browse
> > of the machine's apache files.
>
> note, moved to port-alpha (from pmax).

Sorry.....(:+{{.... typeos, and too many diverse systems sitting side
by side, in the office.  I was thinking alpha and looked at the 5000/200
box......

> there is an emulators/osf1_libs package which has a minimal set of DU libs
> which are enough to run netscape.  They aren't listed as a depends because
> we don't want to step all over someone's full compat_osf1 setup.

Ahh, OK, I will check that out.  The package source came up with a one
line about that, and I did not exactly understand what was happening.
My kernel has all compats off, so that would mean I need to install that
osf1_libs, and then the netscape, right?

Thanks

Bob