Subject: ethernet speeds on a 3000/300LX
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/22/2001 01:55:32
ftping stuf from my DEC 3000/300LX running a snapshot from last month (building
-current at the moment) and i've noticed that it seems to max out at 700K/sec
whereas i see a good solid 1000K/sec from sun to sun.

is this just a limitation of the 300LX?  should i expect to see better
performance out of my /700?  the speed isn't an issue for the 300LX since it
is primarily an internet machine, so it's limited by the 1.5Mbit internet
connection, but the /700 is going to be sitting on a T3 so the lost 300K will
make a difference in performance.

thanks,

-brian