Subject: Re: BKTR (Bt848) driver, anyone?
To: None <mcguire@neurotica.com, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/15/2001 15:16:28
> From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
>

>   Hi folks...there seems to be a BKTR driver in the source tree, but
> it blows up rather nicely when built on an Alpha.  Has anyone ever
> looked at this on anything but i386?  Is there any desire or intention
> to make it work on other than NetBSD/i386?
>
>           Thanks,
>           -Dave McGuire

Evidently not. Yes.

OK, I've fixed its bogus critical section code. Fixes are in -current
but beware of cvs export lag. For just the patches, and one against
1.5, start at:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/misc/README.12

Somehow I doubt if it will be this easy, but let us know if you
get the Lakers...

//ross