Subject: Re: Simple fix for 1.5.x/i386, trouble elsewhere (was: an driver trouble)
To: Juergen Weiss <weiss@Uni-Mainz.DE>
From: Feico Dillema <feico@pasta.cs.uit.no>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/08/2001 01:21:51
On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 08:04:39PM +0100, Juergen Weiss wrote:

> Feico Dillema writes:
>  > On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 12:44:44AM +0100, Feico Dillema wrote:
>  > > On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 12:49:03PM +0100, Feico Dillema wrote:
>  > > Finally, I'm trying to get the an card to work on 1.5.1/alpha for
>  > > my Multia. The an-driver itself seems ok sofar, but PCMCIA interrupts
>  > > still do not work properly; changing IST_EDGE into IST_LEVEL in the
>  > > pcic-ic code helped.
>  > Ok, sorry abuot this one. Just read the comments in -current source
>  > that this is plain wrong and doesn't fix anything. Should have spotted
>  > that one earlier...
>
> This change was in my December fixes for the Multia. It was
> supposed to be used with the Multia only.
Ok, thanks for the info. After your  confirmation that you actually
had a working PCMCIA card with those patches, I tried again from
scratch and got better results. Probably did something stupid the
first time. The PCMCIA ep interface now just worked with your Multia
patch, and I got the an driver up and running with a one line
alignment fixup (stolen from the wi driver in current, but does
basically the same as your alignment fixup for that driver). I'll
send-pr my an driver patch.

Thanks for your clarifications, I'm pretty happy with my new little
home router (now hope we won't get a hot summer that will fry my
Multia ;} ).

Feico.