Subject: COMPAT_OSF changed?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/13/2001 20:28:22
I made a new kernel today with the patches just posted to get screen
blanking working in sfb.c.  Well, that worked great, but something else
broke.  I used the same config file as always.  To my surprise, when I
tried to use Netscape 4.7 tonight, it failed immediately with an abort
trap. :-(

Did COMPAT_OSF break or change recently?  I'm running with an old kernel
built on February 7th 2001 right now, and Netscape works.  My /emul/osf1
contents are from Digital Unix 4.0D.  Is that now deemed to be "too old"
for COMPAT_OSF?

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu