Subject: XalphaNetBSD on DEC 3000/300
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/11/2001 19:23:39
I've started using XalphaNetBSD on my DEC 3000/300 recently.  I love it,
and applaud those who got it working.  I was wondering if anyone could
tell me how to do the following:

1) Set the keyboard map to LK201.  It seems by default that it is using
something akin to a PC-style keyboard mapping.  I used to use my
DECstation 3100 as my X server, and it mapped the keyboard correctly.  I
have xkeycaps installed, but it doesn't appear to let me remap like it
did when I used it under NetBSD/pmax on my 3100.

2) Enable the built-in screenblank (and turn off keyclick).  The xset
command does not appear to do this for me.  (It reports screenblanking
is enabled, but the screenblank never activates.)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa