Subject: Re: PLT symbol goodness (in XFree 4.0.x, particularly)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Hobgood <chaos@strange.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/08/2001 18:47:36
> Well, the only type of reloc in the PLT is of type 26, which, in
> Alpha ELF is "R_ALPHA_JMP_SLOT" (which tells the linker to create PLT
> a entry).

Oh.  Well then.  Don't you just have to ruin the party! =)

> In this case, I think the problem is that the actual X server itself
> isn't being linked with "--export-dynamic".  Programs which use
> dynamically loaded modules (which the XF4 X server does) which reference
> symbols in the main program must be linked with this option to expose
> the dynamic linking information to the module.

Well, in the interest of all things graphical, I tried rebuilding with
-Wl,--export-dynamic in the final stage of the Xserver/ build, and still
no dice.  Got an undefined PLT on __errno as soon as I started netscape.

hope we can all track this down! =)

/Andrew