Subject: Re: Acrobat on 3000/700 (1.4.3)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/07/2001 12:11:14
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Nino Margetic wrote:

=> > I use xpdf but I hadn't tried to compile it on NetBSD just Linux,
=> > theres a patch so it can read the encrypted files too, alot smaller
=> > and faster than acroread.  Terry
=>
=> *** Oh, yes, so do I (since I can't get acroread to work :-).. It *is*
=> available from the packages section both as source and compiled binary and
=> works fine...

If you have gs installed, e.g., to drive a non-PostScript printer, then
gv makes a handy PDF previewer, too.

I thought acroread didn't work because the task_self system call was not
supported under the OSF compatibility option?

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa