Subject: Re: Postgres and Alpha.
To: Jaap Boender <jaapb@kerguelen.org>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/05/2001 21:49:47
Jaap Boender wrote
> Dixit Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au>:
> : Ok, the package is available from
> :
> : ftp://ftp.ping.net.au/pub/unix/db/postgresql-7.0.3-netbsd-alpha.tar.gz
> :
> : You should be able to install it with the pkg_add command.
> :
> : Hope this helps... let me know how went...
>
> By Jove, it worked! It gets curiouser and curiouser...maybe something is
> wrong with my C compiler. Or with me. Or with my computer. In any case, I can
> once again run postgres, so I'm deeply grateful to you. Thanks!
>
>   Jaap
>
> P.S. You were right about the passive mode; I had to use active mode.

Good to hear and I'm glad to see it is working for you too...

BTW: This system is a fresh install of NetBSD-1.5-alpha. I found that
when upgrading over several versions, one needs to check the binaries
for old left-overs. Things change, including the installation
directories for certain binaries. This happened to me a few times
where I had two different version of binaries after an upgrade. I've
since made it to a ritual to walk through these directories and delete
files that appear to be from a previous install.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes