Subject: Re: Postgres and Alpha.
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jaap Boender <jaapb@kerguelen.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/04/2001 21:54:03
Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@dingo.ping.net.au> wrote:
: I fear that there is a good reason for it, but in previous versions
: postgresql didn't build because of serveral 64bit issues which
: nolonger seems to be a show stopper.

It still doesn't build, I'm afraid. I got PostgreSQL working under 1.4.x
with some changes to the source code (there was, apparently, no TAS
implementation in NetBSD but I solved it by using one of the implementations
supplied by Postgres). It still didn't work all the way; the \dt command from
psql died with a very vague error message. But I could make tables and get
data from them, so I was happy for the time being.

However, when I switched to 1.5, the show was over. It compiles fine from
the pkgsrc (I just tried it once more), but the server dies with 'Bad system
call' and I have no clue what is happening...and I don't want to delve into the
source code. Compiling outside of pkgsrc yields the same result.

  Jaap Boender

---
Locutiones in Latinum conversae multo sapientes videntur.