Subject: FW: mail servers
To: None <Antony.Wardle@met.co.nz>
From: Antony Wardle <Antony.Wardle@met.co.nz>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/18/2001 11:44:41
 What do people in business use for their mail servers?

 I am looking at implementing a new system.

 I am guessing that people currently use Exchange from
 Microsoft, send mail on unix, tcpip mail on VMS.

 Suggested sites for research?

 I would like to be able to do the following:

 1 Read my email from a web page in a cybercafe anywhere in the world.

 2 Have email so that users can set up forwards and auto reaplys from a web
 browser

 3 Hardware redundancey protection

 4 Read email via a pop client anywhere in the world.

 Probably some other things, but that should do for a start.

 cheers

 antony