Subject: Mozilla speed?
To: NetBSD Alpha Port <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: T. Martin <catfish@alltel.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/17/2001 16:07:43
 Hi,
Thank for the tip on mozilla (I shoulda looked there first).
 150mhz DEC 3000, 64 megs ram, NetBSD 1.5
Is there anyway to speed up mozilla it responds like it was running a 386
with 4 megs instead of a 150mhz box, the DEC3000 outperforms my 233
AXPpci33 in most things but it fails here.
 Nothing else in X is this slow.
Like when entering a url it acts like its coming from a 300 baud modem (if
anyone remembers those).
Suggestions?
Terry

Achilles' Biological Findings:
        (1) If a child looks like his father, that's heredity.  If he
            looks like a neighbor, that's environment.
        (2) A lot of time has been wasted arguing over what came first
            -- the chicken or the egg.  It was undoubtedly the
            rooster.