Subject: Re: Newbie question
To: Antony Wardle <>
From: Kevin P. Neal <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/11/2001 23:59:27
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 03:50:44PM +1300, Antony Wardle wrote:
> Hi.
> I have download v1.5
> How do I install it on my Decstation 3000 300lx?

Don't call it a "Decstation 3000", call it a DEC 3000. This is to
avoid confusion: Digital made MIPS-based DECstation 2100 and 3100
machines, and they also made Alpha-based DEC 2100 and DEC 3000 machines.

> Anyone know if there is an iso I can grab, or instructions
> on how to turn what I have into a bootable cd from windoze?

It's not quite what you asked for, but it may be the easiest thing
for you.
Kevin P. Neal

"Nonbelievers found it difficult to defend their position in \
    the presense of a working computer." -- a DEC Jensen paper