Subject: Re: TC scsi cards
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@vaxpower.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/11/2001 15:20:16
hey, im working at CMU right now, which lab were you in? maybe they still
have that stuff hidden in some closet somewhere *grin*
I know SCS just got rid of a bunch of 3000/400's, i got a small pile of
them for the cclub (of course, theyre running NetBSD), but alas, i didnt see
any KZTSA's in them.. ive been looking for one (or more) of these for
a while..

happy hacking,
isildur

On 10 Jan 2001, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:

> There's also a KZPSA, which is the PCI variant.
>
> When I was working at CMU, the lab that I was working for did storage
> stuff.  We had a boatload of KZTSAs, and IIRC at the time I was
> leaving a bunch of KZPSAs too.
>
> If I recall correctly, the hardware was an NCR/Symbios SIOP (53c7xx,
> if my memory serves) sitting behind an i960 which acted as a smart
> controller.
>

> I think at one point (while at CMU) i might have had access to a tiny
> amount of documentation on those boards.  I looked for more while I
> was working for Digital, but even on the inside wasn't successful in
> finding it.  Might be that I didn't look hard enough.

I have OSF1 sources, which should (i can look tonight if i remember, when
i get home) have enough to figure out how to support them.

> (My recollection is that SIMport was a programming spec, not in itself
> a chip... but I never dug into those docs and I'm not a storage- or
> SCSI-head.)

on an unrelated note, those OSF1 sources do include source for the
support of the accelerated grafix cards.. *wink wink nudge nudge*

happy hacking,
isildur