Subject: Re: keyboard "gone"
To: None <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/10/2001 12:36:21
In message <>, Andrew Brown writes:
>hmm...i guess i should avoid that one then.  i don't want a confused
>kvm *and* a confused computer.

Actually, I'm very happy with it, and it doesn't seem to be a problem anymore,
so it may have been the older firmware.  (The older firmware also didn't
realize I have a '|' key.)

>i've seen a few where you tap ctrl-alt-shift simultaneously (as best
>you can) and then (i think) f1 or f2 or f3 (etc) to indicate which
>console you want.

Yup.  Those were the older-model Belkin boxes; I had a lot of trouble with
those losing PS/2 mice, but this wouldn't affect an Alpha.

I am currently leaning towards serial console; my 8-port KVM is full, and
that bugs me.