Subject: keyboard "gone"
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/10/2001 00:45:32
i've got my pc164 on a kvm switch (along with my wife's pc and my old
486 running 1.3H) and it boots just fine when it's not switched in
(serial consoles are great) and also just fine when it *is* switched
in (although i guess there's not much need for it since i already have
too many physical consoles around).

what sucks is that if the kvm is switched away and then back, the
keyboard stops working.  the keyboard leds flash when it's switched
back in, but there's no response to any keypresses.  is it just that
the pc164 doesn't like never having a keyboard if it ever had one?  or
is this kvm in need of being replaced with a more "intelligent" one
(it's the old "contacts on a big spindle" type kvm)?

what really sucks is if the network card freezes when it thought it
had a graphics console.  i can't poke it back into life.  :(

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|