Subject: Re: keyboard "gone"
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/09/2001 23:52:32
In message <20010110004532.A29225@noc.untraceable.net>, Andrew Brown writes:
>what sucks is that if the kvm is switched away and then back, the
>keyboard stops working.  the keyboard leds flash when it's switched
>back in, but there's no response to any keypresses.  is it just that
>the pc164 doesn't like never having a keyboard if it ever had one?  or
>is this kvm in need of being replaced with a more "intelligent" one
>(it's the old "contacts on a big spindle" type kvm)?

I suspect you need a "more intelligent" one.  I have repeatedly confused
my Belkin rackmount Omnivew Pro by interacting with an Alpha.

BTW, my KVM switch uses "scroll lock" as the magic key to tell it you
want to do something, so sometimes my alpha "freezes", meaning it's in
scroll lock mode.  :)

-s