Subject: X on DEC 3000
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Cordes <mcorde61@maine.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/08/2001 23:09:43
Hello all,

My dec3000 is now displaying on its native monitor (good bye serial
console), but I have a few questions....

1.	I'm using the TCWSCONS kernel and the text seems to only
		occupy the middle of the monitor, e.g. there is a 2-3inch
		border of unused monitor space around the edge of the display.
		Is this normal?  Is there some way to set the dimensions of my
		monitor?

2.	What about X?  I saw the binary Xserver in the archives, but it
		is unclear what I do with this.

3.	Could someone post their XF86Config. Or explain how I can determine
		the video/monitor specs of this machine?  Are there any config
		tools to auto-generate the XF86Config file (xf68Setup, etc)?

4.	If I wished to compile X for myself the sentiment was that I needed
		a newer version of the x source code that that which came with 1.5,
		where do I find this (cvs version?)?

-matt

Thank you all for your help