Subject: Re: Trying to install 1.5 on the Jensen
To: Duane Eddingfield <>
From: Istvan Gyenes <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/08/2001 23:19:11
----- Original Message -----
From: "Duane Eddingfield" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, December 24, 2000 2:39 AM
Subject: Trying to install 1.5 on the Jensen

>     The last lines on the terminal after "boot dka0" are:
>         lpt0: interrupting at eisa irq 1
>         mcclock0 at jensenio0 port 0x170: mc146818 or compatible
>         eisa0 at jensenio0
>         fatal kernel trap:
>             trap entry = 0x2 (memory management fault)
>         Stopped in swapper at ...
>     Interestingly, I have a Jensen clone with 32 MB RAM but with 1742A
> REV E which actually boots
> the same image just fine upto detecting the floppy drive and then hangs.
> I am assuming this is because
> of the older firmware on the 1742A..

I don't think so. I think it more depends on what kind of EISA cards you
I have 2 Jensens, one of them is a "full" one (DE425,QVision,AHA1742A) the
only has an AHA1742A and doesn't have other EISA cards.
Both of the SCSI controllers have rev G.2 eprom. The first ("full") one
crashes at boot with a fatal
kernel trap (at least it crashed the last time I tried), the second one
hangs with a floppy timeout.
I don't know if it's EISA card dependent or not, but it looks like.
But I might be wrong....