Subject: Re: dlopen() status
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: James Macnicol <James.Macnicol@faceng.anu.edu.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/06/2001 10:06:48
	Okay, as expected I can now see dlopen() and friends in NetBSD 1.5/
Alpha (and my system is stable, which is nice after fighting with Linux for
so long).  However, I have hit another problem : my program needs to be able
to do

dlsym(RTLD_DEFAULT, symname);

(to get the address of a function defined in the program, or more likely, one
of the shared libs. that has been loaded via. dlopen() at runtime).  This
doesn't appear to be possible (no definition in dlfcn.h).  I have tried
substituting NULL for RTLD_DEFAULT (the only obvious thing I can think of)
but dlsym() is returning NULL for things it should be able to find.

If I have screwed up again, please let me know.

James