Subject: Trying to install 1.5 on the Jensen
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Duane Eddingfield <deddingf@home.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/23/2000 17:39:23
Hi All:

    I have a real DEC 2000 (AXP 150) with QVison video, 1742A disk
controller (REV G2), DE425
and 64 MB RAM. I got cdhdtape onto a Quantum LPS 525S but no joy...
Whaaa.

    The last lines on the terminal after "boot dka0" are:
        lpt0: interrupting at eisa irq 1
        mcclock0 at jensenio0 port 0x170: mc146818 or compatible
        eisa0 at jensenio0
        fatal kernel trap:

            trap entry = 0x2 (memory management fault)
        Stopped in swapper at ...

    Interestingly, I have a Jensen clone with 32 MB RAM but with 1742A
REV E which actually boots
the same image just fine upto detecting the floppy drive and then hangs.
I am assuming this is because
of the older firmware on the 1742A..

    I'm surprised that my real Jensen won't boot tho. Its been running
Linux fine all summer but it just
don't seem to want to go with NetBSD which is what I really want.

    Suggestions anyone?

--

"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers could set up
a national IP network."