Subject: INITIALLY_LEVEL_TRIGGERED() lossage (DANGER WILL ROBINSON!)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/19/2000 06:35:49
So, anyone who was around when I tried to boot NetBSD on a PWS500
earlier this year would have recalled that this is the code that broke
it -- it caused the machine to panic at boot time.  Coupled with the
fact that resetting the state at shutdown time fitted the original
reason for the code, this is why I *explicitly removed it*.

If we're going to work around Multia `brain damage' (and the stray
interrupts are not really braindamage, except inasmuchas the kernel
shouldn't be bitching about them), could we *PLEASE* do it in a way
that's not going to screw other people over?

If someone would like to provide a *working* Alpha Multia, I could be
convinced to figure out the real origin of the stray interrupts and
fix it.