Subject: Frustrations with Dynamic Libraries on Alpha
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas T. Thai <tom@minnesota.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/15/2000 12:44:53
I've been trying to resolve this for a year now. It's starting to really
bug me (no pun). What's happening is MySQL would crash giving me this
error in the log:

---cut---
001215 00:51:28  mysqld started
/usr/local/install/mysql-3.23.28/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
/usr/local/install/mysql-3.23.28/libexec/mysqld: Undefined PLT symbol
"memcpy" (reloc type = 26,
symnum = 7)
001215 10:34:32  mysqld restarted
/usr/local/install/mysql-3.23.28/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
/usr/local/install/mysql-3.23.28/libexec/mysqld: Undefined PLT symbol
"bzero" (reloc type = 26, s
ymnum = 90)
001215 11:46:25  mysqld restarted
---cut---

everytime it crashes, i see 'Undefined PLT symbol "XXXX"'. this happens
ONLY on the Alpha. i'm running latest on everything including NetBSD 1.5.1
(sup today), mysql-3.23.28.

i'm told by the developers of mysql that there is lots of bugs in our
version of egcs and for me to get the latest gcc-current from
gnu. however, according to another posting by Jason, he didn't recommend
doing that and to fix our egcs instead.

from the looks of thing, the bug relating to this problem still exists.

please cc: me in your reply as i'm not on the list.