Subject: Re: Encrypting Filesystems?
To: Bill Dorsey <dorsey@lila.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/12/2000 22:07:25
On Fri 01 Dec 2000 at 04:02:48 -0800, Bill Dorsey wrote:
> I was unsuccessful in mounting the encrypting filesystem
> with both the mount command and the mount_nfs command:

Last I tried it, it seemed you have to specify the port the cfs server
is listening on. It does not want to run on the normal NFS port to avoid
conflicts. However, NetBSD's mount command does not let you specify the
port, it always uses the portmapper to find it.

> It's really a pity that there isn't a more modern
> implementation of an encrypting filesystem that will run
> on NetBSD.

Absolutely.

> Bill Dorsey
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder    -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl       -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.