Subject: Re: Quick silly Multia question....
To: David Woyciesjes <>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/08/2000 13:37:41
David Woyciesjes wrote
> I looked through the archive for this answer, but I didn't find it...
> Here's the Q---
> 	Once I load NetBSD 1.4.3 on the SCSI drive hooked up to my Multia,
> will it automagically mount the IDE drive? Or do I have to put the mount
> command in rc.local? And is this the same or different under 1.5? I'll also
> have to look through the man pages, to find out how to reformat the IDE
> drive  for NetBSD, too. Or can someone point me to an easier how-to?
> 	What I want to end up with is the Multia booting from the SCSI, then
> mount the IDE drive, then start the http/ftp services, with thier
> directories residing on the IDE drive. Yes, one Multia for http service, and
> the other for ftp server.

before you can mount and use a new drive you have to partition the
drive in question using a utility such as disklabel, construct a new
filesystem using newfs and edit the /etc/fstab file in order to mount
the new partitions on next boot.

For more info see the the relevant man-pages and the installation
description for netbsd-alpha found on

cheerio Berndt
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  :             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes
ICQ     : 18196098                     |  VK5ABN, Nairne, South Australia
URL     : | MBOX :
Sysinfo : DEC AXPpci33+, NetBSD-1.4.2  | BBS  : vk5abn.#lmr.#sa.aus.oc