Subject: Re: bootable SCSI on PC164?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/02/2000 20:54:06
In message <Pine.NEB.4.30.0012021941470.277-100000@yerfable.metonymy.com>, Dave
 Huang writes:
>Hmm, I guess there's no way to get the SRM console version without
>halting the system? Here's the output of "show config":

Not that I know of.

>SRM Console:    V5.5-1

That's the version I have now.

>PCI Bus
>     Bus 00  Slot 05: Vendor: 8086  Device: 1229
>     Bus 00  Slot 06: NCR 53C875 Scsi Controller
>                                   pka0.7.0.6.0          SCSI Bus ID 7
>                                   dka0.0.0.6.0           Quantum XP32150W
>                                   dka400.4.0.6.0         PLEXTOR CD-R   PX-R4

See, mine shows the first line of this, but not anything like the additional
lines.  It does identify as "NCR 53C875", but the other lines are omitted.

>I also have a Promise Ultra100, which I guess doesn't show up because of
>the IO port > 0x10000 weirdness?

I think it's just because most devices don't show up usefully in this mode;
it's probably the 8086/1229 (unless that's an Intel card of some sort).

>I'm pretty sure it does... I'm almost positive I saw my Quantum drive
>before I labelled/newfs'd it (the drive used to have WinNT/alpha on it,
>with I guess the MSDOS partitioning scheme).

Hmm.  Well, yours sees the "controller", and mine doesn't...

-s