Subject: Re: latest CVS gcc on alpha
To: netbsd alpha <netbsd_alpha@yahoo.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/09/2000 07:48:33
On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 01:28:26AM -0800, netbsd alpha wrote:

 > anyone compile latest gcc cvs on alpha? any problems?
 > i have a need to use that cvs version of gcc to get
 > mysql-3.23.27 to stop coredumping on me. i'm told my
 > the mysql developers that the cvs version of gcc fixed
 > many issues related to the alpha.  i'm running
 > 1.5_beta as of:

I have not --- but the latest cvs gcc is NOT a stable compiler.  There
are many problems with it -- it is not ready for prime time yet.

Specifically, what sort of problems are you having with our standard
compiler?  If there's a codegen bug in our standard compiler, chances
are we can fix it.

BTW, we're going to have gcc-2.95.2 in post-1.5, and possibly 1.5.1, if
we can get it working on all platforms by then.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>