Subject: 3000/300 alpha (decstation)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Sirucka <joseph.sirucka@netics.com.au>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/04/2000 13:20:38
Hi People

I have a decstation 3000/300 alpha I guess given to me. It seems that the drive
sleds were taken from them due to the drives. Six of the eight simm sockets are
there and populated with double sided simms. I guess what I'm asking what do I
need to exectly do to get netbsd alpha working. E.g. I guess that since it is
headless, how I get as a serial install and like sun workstations do I need any
specail type of cdrom to install netbsd. There is no floppy and I guess was not
ever since the floppy plate is still there. Is there any specail tricks that I
need to know from experienced 3000/300 people.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Joseph Sirucka