Subject: Re: Smart frame Buffer?
To: T. Martin <catfish@alltel.net>
From: Crossfire <xfire@xware.cx>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/02/2000 09:04:22
This is the score:

Console support for TC systems on alpha is very much alpha stage [from what
I saw of the kernel 3 months ago], and is NOT in the GENERIC kernel [for
obvious reasons].

SFB has some driver support, as does the PMAG-JA [aka TFB?], but the SFB+
[which is what my 3000/800 has] lacks support.  I can not offer much advice
but to build yourself a kernel using one of the appropriate config templates
modified to suit your box.

I've had no success yet - but thats more due to the SFB+ driver hanging my
box solid at boot time, rather than the rest of the driver code - once I've
moved my 3000 to where I'm living now, I'll be able to look at the code
again.

C.
  Crossfire      | This email was brought to you
  xfire@xware.cx | on 100% Recycled Electrons