Subject: cdrdao on DEC 3000/300?
To: None <>
From: Paul Mather <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/21/2000 23:00:09
Has anyone got cdrdao to work on a DEC 3000/300?  I'm running NetBSD
1.5_ALPHA2 built from a SUP on 2000-09-21, and cdrdao-1.1.4 built from
pkgsrc.  Unfortunately, every time I try to write, cdrdao aborts
somewhere writing the last track with this error:

ERROR: Cannot open audio file "(null)": Bad address
ERROR: Opening of track data failed.
ERROR: Reader process terminated abnormally.

Cdrdao will apparently write the preceding tracks just fine.  It just
has problems near the end of the write.  I've tried this at various
speeds, and it isn't a buffer underrun problem.

I have managed to write CDs without problems using cdrecord
(cdrecord-1.9, built from pkgsrc), so it's not a hardware problem.  I'd
just like to be able to use cdrdao because of its flexible TOC file
format for DAO CD writing.

Any ideas?

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa