Subject: Re: TGA2/PowerStorm 4d20
To: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: Ralph Graulich <graulich@shauny.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/08/2000 20:26:27
Hi,

>This is my bad.  This is probably a PowerStorm 4d20, which we don't
>yet support.  I was hoping to fix it by adding support for the
>4d20, but I haven't yet laid my hands on one, so I am going to fix
>it today by having tga_cnattach() bail usefully and have
>pci_display_console() do something useful with the result of said
>bail.  In the future, I will get a 4d20 and add support for it
>(since that implies X).

I try to describe the type of card I have. It is nearly full length PCI
card, equipped with 16 MB of video RAM, two jumpers, one round knob to set
the video modes and on the slot side, there's video output connector to the
monitor and one for a "shutter device" (3D-glasses).

The card reads "PBXGB-CA".

I also have this video card in a smaller version, same connectors, but less
video RAM written "PBXGB-CA".

For both cards I have the complete documentation.

>Slight side note:  you guys should modify the subject, I would've
>read it earlier if I'd known that you were talking about the TGAs.
>;-)

;-) Sorry... it developed out of the mySQL thread and myself moaning about
not being able to test my favorite database on my Alpha with netBSD ;-)

:wq!
RoF