Subject: Re: kernel compile error
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/05/2000 08:42:01

--0-598214267-970731721=:19711

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

> Not quite sure but you may try to add the following line into your
> configuration file:
>
> options         DEC_AXPPCI_33   # NoName:       AXPpci33, etc.
>
> The above warnings are generated because variables iot and cpp are
> not used in the code due to NSIO not being defined.
>
> NSIO gets defined in alpha/dec_axppci_33.c and hence I've never seen
> this problem personally. I'm not sure about its purpose, but it
> doesn't hurt to enable support for more than one hardware platform, it only
> increases the size of the kernel somewhat. Perhaps one of the more
> experienced members on this list may be able to enlighten us on this
> issue.

	Its a small oversight - without DEC_AXPPCI_33 support there are
	a couple of variables defined but not used. Since NetBSD compiles
	with every warning under the sun enabled as errors, it stop.

	Could you let me know if the following (trivial :) patch fixes
	it for you?

                David/absolute
			       -- www.netbsd.org: A pmap for every occasion --

--0-598214267-970731721=:19711
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--0-598214267-970731721=:19711--