Subject: Re: Can someone help identify a system for me ?
To: Alan Horn <ahorn@inktomi.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/04/2000 13:24:59
On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 09:03:42PM +0000, Alan Horn wrote:

 > Well, this is what I get via serial console off com1 on the SBC on boot :
 >
 > Alpha Open Firmware by FirmWorks
 > Copyright 1995-1997 FirmWorks, Network Appliance.  All Rights Reserved.
 > Firmware release 1.12_a1

Oh, NOW I am really jealous.  OpenFirmware for Alpha.  That's just cool.

Now, that this means is that there is probably no SRM console available
for this system.  I bet it's nothing like a normal Alpha systype.

It would be pretty neat to add support for OpenFirmware to NetBSD/alpha,
BUT the problem would be that the OpenFirmware probably does not have
OSF/1 PALcode in it, and thus we are out of luck :(

 > Memory size is 512 MB
 > Testing SIO
 > Testing LCD
 > Power supply #1 failed