Subject: Re: kdebase/alpha: toolchain problem?
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@feyrer.de>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/25/2000 22:02:28

> 1. using libtool & dynamic (default) linking, it dumps core
> 2. using no libtool & dynamic (default) linking, it dumps core
> 3. using no libtool & -static linking, it works.
>    Used flags here were: g++ -static -g -O2 ...
>
> So, what's going on here? Is the alpha toolchain known to have problems?
> This is on a system running NetBSD/alpha 1.5E from ~4 weeks ago.

I noticed the same thing a couple of days ago, while compiling kdevelop.
But I want to add to your list:

After configure is run on static qt1 libraries, the rest can be compiled
with dynamic libraries without anything bad happening. The only place
I have seen the coredumps is in the configure script.

-- Ragge