Subject: Re: NetBSD: What do you guys use for Mail?
To: justme <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/20/2000 20:59:48
On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 08:25:51PM -0400, justme wrote:

 > I have finally straightened out my home net.  Have my first 2 alphas
 > on line, setting them up.
 > I am going to use apache for the web server, I have that.
 > I am trying to figure out what to use for mail (pop) access to
 > snatch mail for me.  I am looking for recommendations.
 > I have been thru the packages, snagged a few, but before I start
 > I figured  I would ask.
 > Thanks
 > bob

I am using an AlphaStation 200 (with only 32M of RAM, even :-) for
several things:

	- DNS server
	- NFS server (it has a Promise IDE controller on it with a
	  13G UDMA disk)
	- POP server (qpopper package)
	- SMTP server (postfix in base distribution)
	- WWW server (apache package)
	- Database server (mysql package)

...with the apache, php3, and mysql packages, along with another
piece of software (which I haven't done a package for yet), I have
a nice little webcalendar :-)

I download all my email to my laptop using fetchmail, and read it there
with mutt.

Anyway, I did pretty much everything from pkgsrc ... all works nicely.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>