Subject: Re: Kernel Panic caused by IPnat
From: Andrew Garman <andrew_garman@yahoo.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/20/2000 16:51:31
It's 1.4.2.  The panic was because, I didn't turn on ipforwarding.
I'm running into different problems now.  That the ipnat rules just
aren't working.  They're inserted and show up with ipnat -l is run.

But they don't work.

I have pass in and pass out open for all:
pass in from any to any
pass out from any to any

I am back to running the GENERIC 1.4.2 kernel.

Also the ftp proxy rule doesn't read into the firewall at all.  I'm
certain more than a few people are using Alpha NetBSD for a firewall.
Would anyone be willing to share rulesets, kernel compile configs
and other settings with me.

Thanks,

Andrew Garman