Subject: Re: Kernel Panic caused by IPnat
To: Andrew Garman <andrew_garman@yahoo.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/20/2000 15:25:26
Andrew Garman <andrew_garman@yahoo.com> writes:
> Today, I just put in two additional 3c905B cards and was looking
> forward to transitioning in the new system.  Everything looked up as
> the ipfilter ruleset worked like a charm.  Unfortunately, when I
> tried to enable the minimal required ipnat ruleset, the system
> panicked.
>
> I swapped back in the Generic kernel as I trimmed mine down to less
> than half the size.  The panic still occurs.  I did the same without
> the ipfilter rules in place.  The panic still occurs.

You've not told us what version of NetBSD you're using.  That's
important information.

(It's also important that your ipfilter-related userland bits closely
match the vintage of your kernel.  i.e. if you're running a 1.4.2
kernel, you _need_ to be using 1.4.2 ipfilter-related bits.  1.4.1 or
1.4 likely won't work.  Ipfilter is ... not so good about backward
compatiblity.  *sigh*)

cgd