Subject: Installing on AlphaServer 1000A
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ralph Graulich <graulich@shauny.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/31/2000 09:43:19
Hi,

just got hold on the latest boot disks and tried to boot my AlphaServer
1000A from SRM console with them. After having disk 1 inserted and typing
"boot dva0", it reads the first disk without problems, then asks for the
second disk.

The second disk is read quite for a while as then the following error occurs:

Entering netbsd at 0xfffffc0000301100
pci_display_console: no device at 0 / 0 / 0
halted
halted CPU 0
halt code = 5
HALT instruction executed
PC = fffffc0000300140

This particular machine has a PBXGB-AA graphics card connected to the
monitor where I can see the whole boot messages etc. -

However with some older boot disks I got the machine booted, but I don't
remember which the ones were.

Any hints?

Regards
... Ralph ...